One of our supported platforms is iOS based devices.
With this guide you will be able to learn more about STG iOS and how to work with it.
Please contact your organization main contact for the installation link.
After the app has been installed you will need to enter the Operation Identifier - which is a unique operation to identify the server you need to authenticate, please enter ‘inet’.
Please Note: if your organization is using a dedicated server you will be provided with the Operation Identifier needed to login).
On the login information enter your credentials and click ‘Login’
- Please Note: you can still send logs to support even if you are not logged in by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner ‘About’ and then ‘Send logs to Support’, click here to learn how
In the main screen you will find the following:
- List of Surveys currently assigned to you
- Sync Menu -
- Sync Surveys – Click this option when you would like to manually sync for new surveys or Field manager informs you of an updated version of a survey.
- Sync Results – Click this option when you would like to manually sync the results on your device.
- Logout Option - one click button to logout of the application to the main login screen
- Additional Options Menu – once you click a window will be opened on the bottom of the screen:
- Surveys - List of surveys main screen
- Tasks – Tasks assigned to surveyor for a certain project, please refer to ‘Tasks Assigned to Surveyor’ chapter.
- Options - Used mostly by Organization Administrators.
- About –
- Get the STG iOS version
- Device ID
- Send the logs to support
Survey Main Screen
In the main screens click on the survey you would like to complete.
The following screen will appear:
- Conducted – Amount of surveys conducted for this survey
- Completed – Amount of surveys completed for this survey
- Filtered Out - Amount of surveys filtered for this survey
- Not Completed - Amount of surveys not completed for this survey
- Attachments - Amount of attachments collected for this survey
- Click on ‘Run’ to start the survey
- Additional Options - Click on the 3 dots (Additional Options) – on the bottom a ‘Preview’ Window will appear.
- Clicking on the ‘Preview’ will show a summary of the survey questionnaire.
List of all interviews conducted on the device. Here you will see Saved interviews, Incomplete Interviews.
- Date – The date the interview started
- Device Index – The device index that the interview was conducted on.
- Subject – Platform that this interview was conducted on
- Additional info – Comments for the surveyor sent from QA Managers, Field Managers.
- Please note - Usually when the auto sync is turned on the interviews will be shown for a brief minute and then disappear.
When quotas are assigned to a survey each surveyor can track and control those quotas.
In the survey Main screen a new tab called ‘Quotas’ will be shown.
Once an interview has been completed this table will be updated with the quotas that were captured and you will be able to monitor if you have reached your quotas or not.
Monitor the Quotas Sheets
Monitor the Quotas Rules
6 Weeks History
The 6 weeks history screen shows us in summary what happened for each survey that we have used.
This information is for indication only and show a breakdown of the interviews for a survey and device:
- Date – Date the interview was conducted
- Completed – Total interviews completed for the survey on the device
- Uploaded – Total interviews uploaded for this survey on the device
- Canceled - Total interviews canceled for this survey on device
When looking at the numbers you should note the following:
- The totals for each column might not match - It could be that a survey will be completed at a certain day and be uploaded the following day.
- In surveys that you had a lot of activity it might show less than 6 weeks.
Tasks Assigned to Surveyor
As explained above the tasks are interviews that are assigned to a surveyor based on a specific location that the field manager would like them to perform.
1. In the menu – the second options is ‘Tasks’.
Usually the tasks will appear automatically after login to the application.
2. For each Task:
- Task Number – The task number (4228258)
- Location Name – The name of the location for this task (Seattle)
- Task Name - Additional information that can be seen next to the location name when the task is viewed on the device.
- Survey Name – the name of the survey the task is related to (SubjectData)
- Due Date – The due date to complete the task. (31/1/2020)
3. Task Filters – Click on Filter Tasks to get the list of fields to filter by.
click on the wanted filter from the list
and an options menu will open on the bottom, scroll the options and once chosen click on 'Done'
Filtering Options Available:
- Survey – When working with several surveys you can choose a specific survey to see only his related tasks.
- Status – Filter by Task status
- Location Name – Filtering by a certain location
- Task Name – Filtering by a Task name
- Due Date – Filtering by Due Date helpful to finish the soon to end tasks first.
- Start Date – Filtering by a Task start date
- Task ID – If known you can search and filter by a task ID
- Location ID – If known you can search and filter by Location ID
4. Task Statuses
- Task Completed
- Task Assigned
- Task In Progress/Returned To Surveyor
- Task Cancelled
5. Clicking on one of the tasks will open the task to start the interview.
- Start – Start the interview
- Comments - On the bottom of the page there is an option to write a comment to the Field Management or QA Team
once done the comment will be added to the Task
6. Task Options button – Click on the ‘Option dots’
- Accept Task – Accept the task.
- Reset Subject Task – Once an interview has started you are able to reset it, once clicked a pop up window will ask to confirm.
- Request Cancel – request permission to cancel the task, in the pop window give a short description for the cancellation reason.
- Next to the options menu you will find Navigation buttons 'Next' / 'Back' - to navigate between the tasks assigned.
New Version Upgrade
Upgrades are done centrally in the AppStore and you will need to update from there.
Please sign in to leave a comment.