Among various Quality Control capabilities SurveyToGo automatically calculates the idle time of interviews during CAWI or CAPI intevriews.
The Idle time of an interview is both visible in the operations console when reviewing an interview and can also be exported
CAWI idle time calculation
The idle time measuring start is defined as the times when
- The survey page is not visible on screen for one of the following reasons
- Switching browser window/tab
- Minimizing the browser
- Opening another app on the device
- Screen time out/Session ended indication by the browser
- The survey page is visible but no activity is detected for over than 30 seconds. Inactivity is defined as no keypresses, mouse movements, scrolling, clicks (or touch) are detected.
CAPI idle time calculation
The idle time measuring start is defined as the times when the survey page is not visible on screen
- App closed
- App is in the background
- Screen timeout
Note: The total Idle time is calculated as the total watch stop time during the interview
Please sign in to leave a comment.