Power BI is a tool that turns your data into informative, easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable dashboards and reports.
Use the report editor to:
- Tell your data story with charts, including line, bar, and pie charts, geo maps, area and bubble graphs, paginated data tables, pivot tables, and more.
- Make your reports interactive with viewer filters and date range controls. The data control turns any report into a flexible template report that anyone can use to see their own data.
- Include links and clickable images to create product catalogs, video libraries, and other hyperlinked content.
- Annotate and brand your reports with text and images.
- Apply styles and color themes that make your data stories works of data visualization art.
In this guide we will provide you with details on how to connect your survey data and meta data to Power BI and be able to share dashboards and reports with your customers.
Pre Requisites: Microsoft Power BI
- Install the SurveyToGo Connector for Power BI from here.
- Create a new report in Power BI.
- Click on 'Get Data' and select 'More':
- In the Get Data window select the SurveyToGo connector and click Connect:
- In the following screen:
- Copy and paste the SurveyID
- Enter Server Identifier - a unique server identifier for authentication, please enter ‘inet’.
Please Note: This is a required field. If your organization is using a dedicated server, you will be provided with the Identifier needed to login).
- Enter your SurveyToGo credentials in the next screen:
- API Key - of a user is a user that has data view permissions to the project that this survey is in
- Password - your API password
You can now access any user's complete API key through your User Details window in the Studio:
Please contact support here if you are not able to locate it
- Click 'Connect'
- Select the tables that you wish to import and click 'Transform Data' (SurveyData is mandatory):
- SurveyData - table containing survey results
- SurveyInfo - table containing information on the survey
- SurveySchema - table containing information on the exported variables
- If you have not selected Transform Data, then you can do so from the top menu:
Next, click on Navigation and return to the SurveyData table.
- Select the columns you want to view using the 'Choose Columns' option.
Please Note: You must include the LastModifiedTime column to pull data in the following steps.
- Filter the LastModifiedTime for your desired date range using the 'Between' dates filter:
- Your have now successfully created a data source and are ready to start creating reports/dashboards
Read more on how to use and design reports with PowerBI here.
- To move the report to Production - Under 'Source', you can add the following filters into the square brackets:
- Production - (default is false)
- false: pull test data (no charge)
- true: pull production data (charged)
Please Note: you can setup the reports without being charged by pulling test data, and then move the report to pull production data once it is ready.
- NoVariables - (default is false)
- false: pull survey data
- true: do not pull survey data
- NoFields - (default is false)
- false: pull survey metadata
- true: do not pull survey metadata
- Example - The following pulls production survey data:
[ Production = true ]
- Production - (default is false)
In order to stop a survey's results from being pulled by a report in Power BI, you can uncheck the following under the survey's settings in the Studio:
Package Purchasing and Monitoring
You can purchase connector packages from the Purchase Interviews node in Studio:
Under Purchase Interviews, you will find the connector packages under Data Connectors:
Under the Account Overview you will be able to find the purchases and invoices bought for the Analytics Connectors, you will see on top the balance, check if the subscription is Monthly/Yearly and be able to 'Cancel' monthly subscriptions.
Connector Usage Report
To open the connector usage please navigate to the 'My SurveyToGo Account' - and choose 'Connectors Usage Report'
Once opened you will see the usage of the different packages purchased as well as the survey name, which connector was used, which package was used (if more than one purchased) and the balance you currently have left.
Email notifications will be sent as below:
- Threshold Reached - when the credits you purchased for the connector will be close to exhaustion you will receive an email notification to purchase additional package.
- Yearly Subscription - As the yearly subscription will not automatically renew when the subscription is about to expire you will be notified to remind you to purchase a new subscription.
- Monthly Subscription - At each month renewal date you will receive a notification that the subscription will be renewed on a certain date so you can choose either to continue or cancel.
That's It !