For surveys that do not require a surveyor and are set as to get auto completed the Kiosk Mode can be used.
- Design your survey and script it using STG Studio designer should be done the same as for offline surveys.
- Navigate to the survey root -> 'Kiosk' tab
- Set Default Kiosk Options - Click this button to set the default Kiosk options
- If you would like to customize your Kiosk and not use the default options choose the options you would like to implement:
- Run in Loop - Allows the Interviews to run in loop meaning as soon as one interview is finished it will open a new interview without exiting to the survey form.
- Sync Surveys Between Interviews - Enable this option if you would like to make changes to the survey and have those get synced to the devices while it is deployed.
Please note - This option only applies when the Android client is set to Auto Login (see below)
- Run in Full Screen - Enable the option to show the interview on full screen
- Hide All Buttons - Enable this option to Hide all buttons while running the interview
- Show Reset Button - Enable if you would like to allow the user to reset the interview and start over.
- Never Ask for password for Reset - By default when resetting an interview a password should be entered, this option should be enabled if you do not want the user to enter a password when resetting the interview.
- Hide Save Button - Hide only the save button
- Do not allow user to cancel - Enable if you do not want to allow the user to cancel the interview mid run.
- Hide interview start page interview summaries - Enable if you would like to hide the survey interviews summary in the start page.
- Hide Survey Name and GPS Indicator - Enable to hide the survey name and the GPS indicator on the device.
- Interview start page Run Button custom colors - Customize the background colors and text of the Run button in the start page.
Setup AutoLogin to the device:
While using the Kiosk mode you can setup your device to execute auto login which will auto login to SurveyToGo application and open a specific survey, this is useful when you do not want the users to login to the device each time it restarts.
Follow these steps to enable
- Create a text file called 'STGLogin.txt'
- Inside the file add the following:
- Place the file you created in the device root directory (Internal Storage)
- Open the SurveyToGo application.
That's It !