A great way to enhance quality control of interviews is to utilize the "Silent-Audio-Capturing", "Silent-Photo-Capturing", "Silent-Video-Capturing" features of SurveyToGo.
“Silent-Photo/Video-Capturing” enables you to take Photo/Video from the back camera front camera or both without the notifying the interviewer. You can snap photos at any question you wish during the interview.
The "Silent-Audio-Capturing" enables you to record the entire interview or parts of it without the interviewer knowledge.
The Audio/Photo/Video is then automatically attached to interview and is available in the Operation console so that the quality control staff can view the Audio/Photo/Video. It can provide the Quality Control staff with a complete view of the surroundings of the interview.
To perform Silent Audio/Photo/Video Capturing follow these steps:
- Step 1: Configure the Audio/Photo/Video capturing in the Survey by script or by a configuration check box.
- Step 2: Opening the Audio/Picture/Video in the Operation console.
Direct Youtube link (for full screen): https://youtu.be/29txG2oKuQg
Direct Youtube link (for full screen): https://youtu.be/hRyv-T_JUVg
Step 1: Configure the photo/Video capturing in the Survey by script or by a configuration check box.
There are 2 options for configuring the photo capturing on a question in the interview.
Configuration Based Capturing
You just press the “Silent-Photo-Capture” button on the question(s) in the interview you wish to capture photo. You can capture photo in multiple places throughout the survey to take more than one photo. To configure the “Silent-Photo-Capture” in the Survey follow these steps:
Open the survey you wish to capture photo on:
- Select the question you want to activate the capture feature.
- Go to “Quality Control” tab.
Then mark whether you want to capture Audio/Photo/Video for the Photo/Video check which camera Front/Back or both:
- You have just configured silent photo capturing
Please Note: If you would like to start the configuration based recording for a specific condition only after checking the option please add the following call back to the Advanced Script
OnSilentRecordingShouldRun(inIsRecordingQuestion, inIndex, inIteration)
- inIsRecordingQuestion if this option is true then the callback will check on the questions index if this option is false it will check on the chapter index.
- inIndex is the Question Index or Chapter index that you would like to record.
- inIteration is the iteration that you would like to record.
The function will be called every time a silent recording by configuration should start. The recording will start if the functions returns true otherwise it will not. Build the unction code to meet your recording logic needs.
Setting the entire interview to Record: To record the entire interview please set the Root Chapter to Record
Scripting Based Capturing
You just add the “Silent-Photo-Capture” script call to the places in the interview where you wish to capture a photo. You can add the script in multiple places throughout the survey to take more than one photo. To configure the “Silent-Photo-Capture” in the Survey script follow these steps:
Open the survey you wish to capture photo on:
- Select the question you want to activate the photo capture in.
- Go to the “Scripts” tab
Add the following to the script:
You just add start/stop recording script calls to the places in the interview you wish to record. You can add recordings in multiple places throughout the survey to record more than one part. To configure the start/stop of the recording(s) in the Survey script follow these steps:
- Open the survey you wish to enable silent recordings on:
- Add the SoundRec.StartRecording();function call script at the start script of the first question:
This will turn on the recording at the start of Q1
- Add the SoundRec.StopRecording();function call script at the end of the last question:
- You have just configured the entire interview to be recorded. To record part(s) of the interview, you can put the Start/Stop recording function calls in other parts, so for example, to record only Q3, you can put the SoundRec.StartRecording(); at the start script of Q3 and the SoundRec.StopRecording(); at the end script of Q3
Please Note: When using this option if the surveyor stops and continues the interview the recording will not start once the surveyor returns to the interview.
SnapPicture(); function call (Question Start/End Script) to the question(s) you want to take picture(s) in. For front camera capture add SnapPicture(true); for back camera captureSnapPicture(false); or you can call twice for both.
Add the function VideoRec.StartRecording()/VideoRec.StopRecording() to the start/end script of a question, if needed you can also verify if the function 'VideoRec.Capturing' to check if the feature is turned on
Step 2: Viewing the Picture/Video in the Operation Console
Once you have uploaded interviews from the field that include silent Audio/Photo/Video capturing you can view them by following these steps:
- Open the operations console of the project (you can learn more about how to use the operations console here)
Press “Get” button:
- Open the relevant interview from the operations grid
Switch to the attachments tab. You can then either listen/preview the Audio/Photo/Video or click the save button to save a local copy of the photo:
If you use multiple Audio/Photo/Video capturing in the interview you can view them all by clicking the arrows:
Visit us at: http://support.dooblo.net