Sometimes there’s a need to create a survey that is actually built from several different visits (Interview conducted as a series of visits) where each part is destined to a different surveyor or is a continued session of the same interview. This article will show you one possible way to do just that.
For the example, let’s say we have a survey with 3 main parts: Screener, Main, Recall.
Script the entire process into one script with 3 main chapters: screener, main, recall.
Set the survey interviews to not auto get auto approved: Go to the Survey Properties tab, and enable the Review check box:
- The survey logic and flow can be built and controlled by using entrance rules and jump rules, so that only the specific chapter that is designated to a specific visit, will be asked in that visit. Please view the sample survey that can be found here, to see how this can be achieved.
- Once the logic is structured as needed - A surveyor will start the interview with the "Screnner" chapter, and once it is completed, it will be submitted automatically (Alternative - instead of submitting automatically, the surveyor can also manually stop the interview after the Screener, save it and ‘manually’ complete the interview: http://support.dooblo.net/entries/22389226-How-to-upload-Not-Completed-results)
Through the script you can set the SubjectData to reflect the fact it has ended the screener (for example, add this code line in the end script of the last question in the screener part: SubjectData = “End Screener”).
- The complete result would get uploaded.
- A reviewer will review it using the operations console and decide if to delete the interview (screener didn’t pass) or return it to the surveyor for the main part (http://support.dooblo.net/entries/22400888-How-to-return-interviews-to-a-surveyor). One important note is that when returning a survey you can decide to return it to a different surveyor than the one originating it for example if the surveyors that perform the screener are a different group than the one performing the main.
- The surveyor will see the interview back on his device with the SubjectData that will let him know he should continue with the main chapter.
- Once the Main chapter is completed, the interview will again be submitted (or manually stopped and set as complete), the same way it had in the "Screener".
- Through the script you can set the SubjectData to reflect the fact it has ended the main (for example, add this code line in the end script of the last question in the Main part: SubjectData = “End Main”).
- A reviewer will review it using the operations console and decide if to delete/modify the interview and/or return it to the surveyor for the recall part.
- If main was OK and the interview can continue the surveyor will see the interview back on his device with the SubjectData that will let him know he should continue with the recall chapter.
- Once completed and uploaded the reviewer can then approve the interview.
Visit us at: http://www.dooblo.net