Position Topics On Image Question
Position topics on image questions are used when you want the interviewer to pinpoint answers on top of an image.
Under the Survey Tree, this is how the Question Node looks like.
Each question has a set of tabs; each tab is used for different configurations – let's go over the tab's.
The View Tab
In the view tab you can configure the basic components of a question, such as its body text and its answers.
Question Type & General Settings
In the main panel, you can set the questions type, its textual color and formatting.
In the bottom panel, you can Clear the questions content, add a new question of the same type right after the current one and quickly navigate between questions:
The 'Question' Tab
Under the question's tab, within the View tab, you can define the Questions Body Text and the surveyors instructions if any.
Defining The Questions Text
The text written in the question's tab box is the body text that will be displayed to the surveyor.
The surveyor instruction box, allows you to configure textual instructions for the surveyor that will be formatted differently than the body text.
The 'Topics' Tab
The topics tab allows you to configure & set the topics of the position topics on image question.
The 'Config' Tab
The config tab allows you to configure the image that you'll pin the topics on and also the image of the pin the will be displayed once the will position his answer.
In addition you can configure the following properties:
- Ignore clicks on transparent regions - If enabled the interviewer will not be able to place topics on transparent regions of the image (transparent regions are "empty" regions – available only on a .png type of image).
- Normalize image width to – will re-size the width of the image to the given value.
- Normalize image height to – will re-size the height of the image to the given value.
- Origin (0,0) at – configuring the position of the (0,0) coordinate on the image.
- Target Image – The image for the position topics on image question.
- Pin Image – The image for the pin that will be dropped when placing the topic.
With the properties shown earlier the emulator will display the question as following:
The Rules Tab
In the rules tab you can define Entrance Rules, Validation Rules and Branching rules.
For more detail please see the following tutorials and refer to the scripting guide:
The Scripts Tab
In the Script's tab you can define your questions Start Script, End Script and enter the advanced scripts for defining more complex functions.
For more detail about Start, End and Advanced scripts, please see the following tutorials and refer to the scripting guide:
The Variables Tab
The Variables Tab is used for configuring variable related properties of a question.
- Variable Name: is the name of the column representing this question when exporting.
- Missing Value: is the value that this question will get if it was not answered or skipped.
- Short ID: Is a short name that is used for ease of readability and is viewable in the Survey Tree next to the Question Index – Short ID's can also be used as a basis for variable names, please see: How to work with QRef's & Short ID's
Variable names can be referenced instead of Indexes by using the correct functions. (Basic Introduction to using VRef and VarName)
The Advanced Tab
The advanced tab allows you to set & configure more advanced properties of a question.
Common usages of the advanced tab:
- Hiding a question from the surveyor:
- Allowing\Disallowing 'No Answer':
Variables and Exporting Definitions
An example to an answered position topics on image question:
Then, when exporting it would look like this:
- Ord – The order in which the optics where placed.
- X – The x part of the coordinate of the pixel on which the topic was placed.
- Y – The y part of the coordinate of the pixel on which the topic was placed.
- Clr – The color of the pixel on which the topic placed in ARGB.
- Tm – The total time elapsed from the beginning of the question until the topic was placed.
Common Functions used to retrieve values:
These are some common functions used with this type of question:
- ITopicOnImagePositioning ImagePositionAnswer(int inQuesIdx, int inTopicIdx) - Same as Answer() but specialized for the Position Topics on Image question type.
- ITopicOnImagePositioning ImagePositionAnswerIter(int inQuesIdx, int inIter, int inTopicIdx);
Common Functions used to set the value:
- void ImagePositionSetAnswer(int inQuesIdx, int inTopicIDx, int inX, int inY, long inTime, int inColor) – Parallel to the SetAnswer but specialized for the position topics on image question type
- void ImagePositionSetAnswerIter(int inQuesIdx, int inIter, int inTopicIDx, int inX, int inY, long inTime, int inColor);
The Members of the ITopicOnImagePositioning type:
- int TopicID
- int X
- int Y
- long TimeToAnswer
- int PositionColor
For more functions please see the scripting guide and function library: http://support.dooblo.net/entries/22356261-SurveyToGo-Built-In-Functions-Hand-Book
Visit us at: http://www.dooblo.net