Showing video files on your Android device is something that might come in hand.
In most cases, we would normally attach the video file to the questionnaire itself.
However, sometimes the video file is large, and we would like to prevent long downloading time for the questionnaire, therefore, we should store the video on the device itself.
This is possible by following the next steps:
- Step 1: Create an ‘Attachment Source’ through the survey’s root Advanced Tab.
- Step 2: Create an empty question, and configure it in its advanced tab.
Step 1: Create an ‘Attachment Source’ through the survey’s root Advanced Tab.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab of the survey and click ‘Edit Attachments Sources’:
- Create an attachment source, adding the path’s of the video files into it:
- Please note that all letters within the path must be upper case.
- For example, this attachment source would display first eh file named: “CITYOFGOD1.AVI” in a folder called “VIDEO”, after it, it would display “CITYOFGOD2.AVI”.
- The second parameter is the order of the video (in case that you want to display several videos in the same question.)
Step 2: Create an empty question, and configure it in its advanced tab.
- Create an empty question.
- Go to its ‘Advanced’ tab, and configure it as the following:
- Now you would be able to view video files stored on your device.
If you wish to show attachments from an external SD Card, you should first find out it’s path on the device.
In order to find it’s path, you can add the following script, to any of the questions start scripts:
This will prompt you with your SD Card directory, as each device and card has a different path.
After you achieve this path, you can repeat the process described above.
That’s it !