The SurveyToGo Android apps (CAPI/Fieldwork Management) is used by the interviewers to collect data and manage fieldwork. It is therefor important for the app interface to show up in the local language. While the survey itself can be easily translated by the survey scripter as shown here (http://support.dooblo.net/entries/25521282-Multiple-Languages-Translation) the actual buttons and texts that show up on the login screen and the other app screens show either in English or in the supported languages based on the device regional settings. In case you would like to translate the SurveyToGo Android app to a different language, simple follow the procedure detailed below.
Current Supported Languages
As of now, the SurveyToGo Android app has been translated to the following languages:
Translating The App to a different language
In case you would like to translate the SurveyToGo Android app to a different language, this can be done by following these steps:
- Download the SurveyToGo Android apps strings zip file from this link: https://dblstg.dooblo.net/downloads/android-strings-for-translation.zip
- The zip file contains 5 excel files that contain strings to be translated. These are strings that appear in the app. Please put the translated text in the relevant column as shown below:
- Once you are done with the translations, please email both files to firstname.lastname@example.org and write in the email to which language you have translated the texts. Our product management team will review the translations and if approved they will be incorporated in the next release of the Android app and you will be notified. Usually this takes about 2-3 weeks.
Two important notes:
- You don’t have to translate everything, as anything you don’t translate will just remain in English.
- if the original string contains character combinations like "%s" "\n", "[%1$d]" etc please make sure to also put them in the translated strings as these are placeholders that need to remain in the string. Here is an example of a few of these strings: