SurveyToGo allows various data collection modes including CAPI face-to-face, CAWI online interviewing etc. In this guide we will describe the major common steps that you will follow when building a CAWI survey.
- Script creation: The overall concept is that you would script a CAWI survey in the same manner you would for a CAPI one. You would be adding the questions and logic in the exact same way with the script designer in the Studio.
- Testing your Survey: During script design you can preview the survey through the emulator so you have a CAWI preview and you now also have a way to generate a test link so you can test it on a browser as well:
- Look and Feel: When you are done with basic script flow testing you can set/personalize the look and feel. This is done on the CAWI tab of the survey:
The CAWI design including the built in Themes are explained here:Setup-Manage-your-survey-CAWI-look-and-feel-design-
- End Pages: Working with Panel companies may require you to configure your survey to allow panel companies to manage it (customize the links, redirected termination pages etc.). This is explained here: Working with Panels
- Setup the Quotas & Targets in your survey, Review this guide to learn how - Quota Management in SurveyToGo
- Link generation: You have various ways to create your survey links where each method will fit a different surveying scenario. This is a very important step and understanding the difference between the options is crucial here.
There are 4 types of links available:
- Access-All Links - A single link that will be shared across all respondents - should be used when there is no need to follow up or have the identification of each respondent
- Dynamic Unique Links - The Anonymous Unique links would normally be used when working with Panel Companies. See more here: Working with Panels
- CAWI Participants Lists - Generate links to pre-defined participants list with additional information that can be used in the survey and is known in advanced, click here to learn more how to setup
- Manual Entry Links - Use this option to create manual links for specific email addresses
Read more in this guide about the different links available - How To Create CAWI Respondent Links
- Distribution: If you want to distribute your links to a defined respondent list directly from SurveyToGo you create the respondents list, create links to every respondent and send as described here:
- Create the Email Connector/s - Follow this guide to learn more - How To Setup CAWI Email Connectors
- Customize the distribution email template - Follow this guide to learn more how - How To Design Your CAWI Email Template
- When distributing the links directly to your defined respondents list you can determine various filtering and sending options CAWI-Participant-List-Filtering-when-sending-via-Email
- Monitoring Progress: monitoring the progress of your CAWI survey can be done via the Studio through the Operations Console for completed interviews then through the progress report for the distributed links:SurveyToGo-Progress-Report
You can of course review the completed interviews through
- The Operations Console
- Review your Incomplete interviews
- The Operations Console
Please note: We recommend reviewing our CAWI Best Practices, click here to learn more.
That's It !
Please sign in to leave a comment.